|2 Cups||White Granulated Sugar|
|3/4 Cup||Egg Whites|
|2 1/4 Cups||Unsalted Butter|
- Combine 2 cups of white sugar with 3/4 cup of water in a pot and boil.
- At the same time whip 3/4 cup of egg whites at low speed.
- Once the mixture is boiling wet down the sides of the pot in order to stop sugar crystals from forming.
- When the syrup has reached 112°C turn mixer speed up to medium.
- When the syrup has reached 118°C add an extra pinch of sugar to your egg whites.
- Once syrup has reached 120°C remove from heat and pour over egg whites at a steady and slow but constant stream.
- Continue beating at medium speed until mixture is cool (Note the bottom of bowl should feel cool) then add 3/4 cup unsalted butter (Be sure the butter has been cut into small pieces and is cold).
- Add the remaining butter then turn the mixer to high speed and add “ Flavouring of choice”.
- Continue to beat for 3 – 5 minutes to thoroughly combine.
*For optimal results, use a digital thermometer for measuring all temperatures.