Also known as Plastic or Cold Rolled Fondant
|2 Lbs||Powder (Icing) Sugar - Sifted|
|1 Tbsp||Unflavored Powdered Gelatin|
|1/2 Cup||Liquid Glucose|
- Sift 1-1/2 lbs of icing sugar into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Sift remaining 1/2 lb of icing sugar into a separate bowl and put to one side.
- Place the water into a Pyrex measuring cup and sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Let stand until the gelatin has begun to dissolve. Place the Pyrex cup into a pot of water and slowly heat the mixture until the gelatin has dissolved. Do not overheat.
- Add the glucose to the heated water and gelatin mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour the smooth mixture into the well of powdered sugar.
- With a spoon, stir the powdered sugar from the sides of the bowl into the mixture.
- When stiff, turn out onto the counter and knead in the remaining sugar.
- At this point you may or may not need to add sugar from the separated 1/2 pound and knead in until the desired feel is achieved.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and allow to rest.